Electronic Immigration Network
9 December 2016:
SRA releases findings into 52 firms with the highest turnover of immigration work, issues guidance note in relation to judicial reviews
New UNHCR guidelines on claims for refugee status related to situations of armed conflict and violence6 December 2016:
UNHCR's protection chief says 1951 Convention remains "as relevant today as it was at the time" as new guidelines released
5 December 2016:
Major new report says social integration in the UK has not kept up with immigration, finds worrying segregation and social exclusion
New report examines the experiences of women with insecure immigration status who suffer gender based violence1 December 2016:
Safety4Sisters says vulnerable migrant women are being denied their right to safety
Members site - key resources
Latest case law
- Makhlouf (Appellant) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (Respondent) (Northern Ireland)  UKSC 59
- Hesham Ali (Iraq) (Appellant) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (Respondent)  UKSC 60
- NA (Sudan) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 1060
- R (on the application of Johnson) (Appellant) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (Respondent)  UKSC 56
- HD (Trafficked women) Nigeria CG  UKUT 00454 (IAC)
Latest country reports
SI 2016 No. 1149. This Order amends the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) Fees Order 2011 (S.I. 2011/2841). It reduces the fees payable for appeals heard in the Immigration and Asylum Chamber of the First-tier...
SI 2016 No. 1052. These Regulations consolidate the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 implementing Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29th April 2004 on the right of citizens of the...
SI 2016 No. 1037 (C. 74). These Regulations bring into force specified provisions of the Immigration Act 2016 and make transitional provision in connection with the coming into force of those provisions. Coming into force from 1st...
Also available on EIN
Latest job vacancies
Bankfield Heath Solicitors
Danielle Cohen Solicitors