Immigration Advice Service is an innovative and dynamic immigration law firm that provides assistance to both individual and corporate clients on a range of matters from Asylum claims, Partner applications to various PBS applications. Many of our clients come to us through recommendation of family, friends, colleagues or organisations who have used our services and have been highly satisfied with our service.
The firm has grown consistently over the last few years. It comprises a team of specialist solicitors, lawyers and advisers with decades of experience in all areas of immigration law. We are large enough to provide a full range of services and yet small enough to be able to provide a personal service to every client. We conduct both private and publicly funded work and have been awarded the Specialist Quality Mark (SQM).
We are looking to recruit Caseworkers and Caseworkers accredited at Supervisor level, for our offices in Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, London, Leicester, Glasgow, Bolton, Bristol and Wakefield.
Main Tasks - Caseworkers
1. Represent clients before immigration judges, in person or in writing as required, including preparation of cases.
2. Draft witness statements, skeleton arguments, representations and other complex documents and letters using word-processor.
3. Liaise with Immigration authorities, other agencies, and groups as required.
4. Interview and advise clients regarding Immigration/Asylum law, procedure, and practice. Provide guidance to clients on completion of documents.
5. Undertake outreach work as required by Management, including liaising with ethnic communities, delivering talks and presentations to groups, and visiting other groups and centres as appropriate. Work from various locations as reasonably required by management.
6. Keep up-to-date at all time with changes in Immigration/Asylum law by reading, attending training events and using computer for reference purposes.
7. Deliver training sessions in connection with own field of work to IAS staff and other agencies.
8. Complete any other records in connection with casework in order to meet LSC and IAS requirements maintain statistics and update client files, using manual or computerised systems as appropriate and as required by Management.
9. Deputise for Supervisor as required in their absence
10. Maintain professional conduct, comply with IAS standards and uphold the integrity and reputation of IAS at all times
In addition, Caseworkers accredited at Supervisor Level will be required to:
Manage staff in the regional office(s) for which responsibility is given, including annual appraisals, casework and forensic advocacy supervision in accordance with Legal Aid, IAS Office Manual and Legal Policy Guidelines requirements, on-going assessment and training, disciplinary and grievance procedures and all other line-management functions.
Assist Partners to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the offices, including allocating support work and recruitment in liaison with the Partners as required.
Ensure that the employer's obligations under health and safety, employment law and other regulations are observed.
Collect and collate statistics for the offices on a monthly basis or as required by the Partners.Ensure that such statistics are accurate and meet deadlines for submission.
Act as first point of contact for legal queries from operational staff in office.
Review decisions taken by Caseworkers in relation to their legal performance.
Deal with any complaints written or oral according to the IAS Complaints Procedure and ensure complaints are dealt with speedily.
Actively promote and implement the IAS Equal Opportunities Policy.
Organise and chair staff meetings as required by the Partners.
Deputise for the Partners as required.
Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Partners.
Deadline for applications: ongoing
- Job types:
- Immigration Law Practice/Advice