This course looks at the Points-based System – the Immigration Rules for business, work and study in the UK. The course is at introductory level so will be suitable (and useful!) for those preparing for their OISC Level 1 assessments, and anyone else who wants a good overview of these ‘managed migration’ routes.
We will look at:
- the Rules and Appendices covering Tiers 1, 2, 4, and 5, from the perspective of the migrant and the sponsor
- how to keep up with the interminable changes to the PBS categories
- the various Home Office guidance documents that supplement the Rules
- applications for entry clearance leave to remain and ILR, including ‘PBS dependants’
- the requirements for specified evidence, including ‘evidential flexibility’
- the critical role of the ‘genuineness’ requirements, and how to prepare your client for Home Office interviews
- validity of applications, continuing leave, and the new Rules governing out of time applications
- Administrative Review
By the end of the day, participants should be confident in navigating the PBS Rules, and be well on their way to preparing successful PBS applications. Unlike the PBS, we promise that you will not end the course in tiers!
*HJT CAN HELP YOU
We suggest you plan so you do not get caught out. You should set aside some time to plan your training needs and what you will do to meet the requirements. These may include:
- A subscription service which is a guide to Immigration law, including all topics on EU, PBS, Human Rights, application process, deportation and many more, found here.
- Refreshing knowledge on different areas of the law with our range of our bitesize online training found on our learning platform site www.learnimmigrationlaw.co.uk
- Keeping yourself up to date with the law buy attend our face-to-face courses, found here.